My excitement for design systems started while I was at a startup as an engineering intern. We were a group of engineers and designers building a product across mobile and web platforms. There was this gap in communication between designers and engineers.
After more of these experiences at my most recent job, alongside the need for a highly flexible design system for quickly bootstrapping my side projects, I decided to build one.
- Build a themeable, accessible, and beautiful design system for building interfaces with speed.
- Understand workflows & gain experience required for building, maintaining and contributing to a useful design system project.
- React for builing the interface
- Emotion for styling
- React Testing Library for unit tests
- Standard Version for versioning and releases
- Headless UI for accessible primitives
- Prettier for code formatting etc
- Husky & Commitlint for linting commits
- Gatsbyjs for project documentation